News
Follow us:

« | »

Motlanthe refuses to comment on no-confidence

Author: Gia Nicolaides Updated: 09:30 21-04-2017

Former President Kgalema Motlanthe says he won’t be drawn on the vote of no confidence debate against President Jacob Zuma, saying it’s a matter for the courts to determine.

The United Democratic Movement and now the Inkatha Freedom Party have filed affidavits to the Constitutional Court to apply for a secret ballot in the motion.

Last month, Motlanthe spoke at Ahmed Kathrada’s funeral, quoting the late stalwart’s letter in which he asked Zuma to resign.

He says he will not comment on the vote of no confidence matter at this stage.

“I’m here as part of the high-level panel and we don’t want to participate in that particularly because it’s a matter that’s covered with by the Constitution, it’s a matter that’s sub-judice. The court are going to make a determination on that issue.”

Motlanthe was speaking on Thursday at the Speaker’s Forum in Johannesburg after presenting a preliminary report on his panel’s investigation into the country’s key legislation.

EWN logo

On EWN: MOTLANTHE WON’T BE DRAWN ON ZUMA NO CONFIDENCE DEBATE

Published: 06:00 21-04-2017

Posted by on April 21, 2017.

Categories: SA News

« | »


CAPE TOWN WEATHER

Change your weather location

Powered by The Weather Channel

INDICATORS

$ = R0
£ = R0
= R0
Oil = $0
Gold = $0
Updated: 03:03 23-Jun-2017

SEARCH

[Alt-Text]